The Meet Group Reflects on Q3 Progression in Investor Presentation
As part of its Q3 financial results, The Meet Group released an investor presentation to give more information about the company’s activity in the previous quarter.
61% of The Meet Group’s $45.7 million revenue was generated from user pay, such as premium features or buying virtual gifts. The remaining 39% came from advertising.
This is a significant difference to the same time last year, when 73% of the revenue was courtesy of advertising on the platforms.
CEO Geoff Cook revealed: “[The Meet Group] recently surpassed our 100 millionth gift sent since launching Live monetization a year ago.”
Daily Active Users (DAU) and Monthly Active Users (MAU) both increased for the first time since Q4 2017.
The total DAU were up to 4.87 million, while the total MAU also grew to 17.05 million, the highest it has ever been.
Cook spoke about the increase of mobile users in a statement: “We grew mobile daily active users 3% sequentially to 4.3 million and mobile monthly active users 7% sequentially to 14.6 million, reflecting quarter-over-quarter gains from each of MeetMe, Lovoo, Skout, and Tagged.”
The Meet Group averaged of 870,000 daily active users on its live video platforms in this quarter, an increase of more than 36% sequentially.
The presentation also revealed that, due to the acquisition of Lovoo last year, the concentration of international (non-American) users still continues to grow.
Dominic is a reporter for Global Dating Insights. Originally from Devon, England he achieved a BA in English Language & Linguistics from The University of Reading. He enjoys a variety of sports and has a further passion for film and music.